UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man is partnering with local businesses and organisations to help keep the Isle of Man a special place to work, live and visit. The Flower Studio has taken the following pledge along with a whole heap of fantastic local businesses:
* to help protect our natural resources
* to develop our economy in a sustainable way
* to support and promote our local heritage
* to make our environmental impact positive where possible
* to engage with the local community
* to promote our outstanding living landscape and seascape through active involvement with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man
As part of our commitment, we pledge to do the following:
We have stopped using plastic in our packaging, choosing to send bouquets wrapped in paper with bare stems or in reusable containers.
We recycle our paper, cardboard, plastic and green waste.
We have stopped using floral foam in all of our designs.
We source as many stems of flowers and foliage from Manx growers, including our own cutting garden. Still, when this isn’t possible, we make sure we purchase stems from overseas growers that operate under labels that ensure the highest environmental and ethical standards are met.
Find out more on the Unesco Biosphere Isle of Man website